I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself, and to say why I'm one of the many young people supporting Anita Vandenbeld for Ottawa West-Nepean. My name is Steven Patterson and I'm  a second year Political Studies student at Queen's University. Politics is  one of the first things I think about when I wake up, and the last thing I'm thinking about when I go to sleep. So its no surprise that I have volunteered on election campaigns before, but Anita  stood out from the start as one of the most committed,  compassionate and thoughtful candidates that I've had the pleasure of meeting.

Anita Vandenbeld is seeking the Liberal Nomination in Ottawa West-Nepean, and I warmly support her candidacy. Anita has a rare blend of  impressive international credentials ,along with the ideal character for someone pursuing public office. To say she's an expert on democracy and human rights is probably an understatement, and her practical experience on the world stage speaks for itself. Beyond that, Anita is friendly, approachable and humble. I know she's in it for the right reasons, and that the people of Ottawa West-Nepean would be well served by her hard work, intelligence and local approach to politics.

Throughout the campaign I will be posting my thoughts on the nomination, political news, information on special events and also sharing the perspectives of other youth who are supporting Anita. Check back here often for updates. I encourage everyone to also check out Anita's Facebook page and official website.

Steven Patterson
Young Liberal
Vice President of External Affairs, Queen's University Liberal Association

- If you'd like to contribute to 'Youth For Anita', or to get involved in the campaign in another way, please email info@electanita.ca or fill out an online volunteer form.