http://bit.ly/fMe5v9 I'm not going to break out the Kinnock/Biden line about coal miners and being the first in my family to go to school due to it being, you know, not true, but the Learning Passport announced by the Liberal Party today really does speak to me. My family has always placed a high value on education. We might come from humble means, but my parents were both always proud of having attained higher education, and instilling in both myself and my sister the value of learning and higher education. These values of self-improvement and advancing yourself are true Canadian values. However, neither myself or my sister would have had the opportunity to attend post-secondary school without things like OSAP, scholarships, grants, and bursaries, so the Liberal Party making the largest annual investment in non-repayable federal student assistance in Canadian history is a great thing for students. Youth and education should come before hitting your wallet for corporate tax breaks and uncounted prison scheming.